Sunday, July 8, 2012

Simple Days

I like the summer a lot.
 I hate the heat, but I like the breeze.
The lifestyle of summer is so simple and sweet. 
Today I woke up at 8am and ate plain, nonfat yogurt with cereal bits and a whole grain sandwich with bananas for breakfast. (I don't eat like that often. Think greasy leftovers - the shame...)
Then I grabbed my bike to go play some pick-up field hockey in the dry heat.
Well, maybe not dry, since we were all drenched in sweat. But it was simple. I didn't have to think or worry at all. I just used my vision, stayed strong, and played hockey. It was all friendly competition and we had some good laughs. I even met an MIT alum.
Then I hopped on my bike back along the Esplanade back home. I passed lines of people on their morning jog and we all seemed to have the same understanding and simple joy amidst the heaving of thick hot air and trickling of sweat into our eyes. 
The pace is natural, innate within all of us.
The value of simplicity is great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment