Saturday, September 29, 2012

Restart.

So summer's been closing up shop for a while now,

and fall keeps barging its foot in the door so I don't quite know where I stand.

I guess it's time for me to refresh by keeping the values I learned from this summer
and face the cool breeze of fall.


Right now is an important time in school, with new habits forming for psets and new standards developing for my schedule and lifestyle. There are interviews, new faces, conversations with people who may not remember you... but they also just might.

Restart and re-enter into the bubble of MIT. But this time, it doesn't seem like a bubble, more like a fishbowl. People come to visit and have a preconceived notion of MIT. Sometimes I feel like I have to fit into their (and my first) definition of MIT, but now that I've been here a year, I know MIT can be something different for everyone.
I have my own goals and aspirations for my time at MIT (which is what made me excited about coming here in the first place!) so MIT, you will most definitely change me but I'm not going to let you mold me into something unrecognizable.
With that said, I carefully enter sophomore year with a set of open ears and eyes.
   (If that's possible hah.)


No comments:

Post a Comment